- November 3, 2017
- Comments: 0
- Posted by:
Moisture – KERATIN TREATMENT at Maxi Care Beauty Salon
A keratin treatment is a chemical process that smoothes and shines frizzy hair. Its results can last for up to six months. There are many different versions of this treatment, and our hairstylists can customize a blend of the formula to suit your needs. Some versions of the treatment release formaldehyde when heated, but many newer versions are formaldehyde-free. No matter the formaldehyde content, on a basic level, keratin treatments dive into the hair follicle and inject porous areas with keratin, which is an essential hair protein. Your hair will appear healthier, because it actually is.
How long does it take?
The length of time it takes to do a keratin treatment depends on the formula the stylist is using, as well as your hair texture, and how much hair you have. Expect your salon visit to last anywhere from two to four hours. When you arrive, our hairstylist will first wash your hair. Then, she will either apply the keratin treatment to your wet hair and let the formula saturate each strand for about half an hour, or will blow-dry your hair first and then apply the treatment — again. It all depends on your hairstylist and your hair needs. Finally, going over any coarse strands with a flat iron on low to medium heat is done. This is depending on areas where the treatment needs to be sealed in.
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR KERATIN MOISTURE TREATMENT LAST:
1. Don’t wash your hair for four days after a treatment–the longer you wait to wash it the longer the product will last.
2. On the days you don’t wash your hair after the treatment, flat iron your hair at home to seal in the product even more.
3. Don’t put any products in your hair after the treatment.
4. Don’t put your hair in a ponytail, because the band could crease your hair indefinitely.
5. Use sulfate-free shampoo because sulfates are known to strip out color, smoothing treatments, and dry your hair out.